What is the smmile?
It’s a digital marketing agency with an international team of freelancers and digital nomads professionals that love to work on what they do best while having the freedom to set their own schedule and place of work. Either they work from the beach, from bed or a coffee shop, the smmile members love life and thrive while offering the best results every time.
How was the smmile born?
After working in media and in advertising agencies, just like you, I decided it’s time to earn some freedom and mix working with one of my passions – travel. I knew it would be hard to find clients in the beginning. I managed to do it and I had great but also awful clients. I was lucky enough to have a team I worked with, but mostly I was on my own. Little did I know that besides the time I spent working for my clients, I also had to create a plan and a schedule to get new clients. I wished I had someone to look for the right clients so I can just focus on the work I like.
While becoming a digital nomad, I saw it was a pattern and many people had this problem. They want to work, apply years of experience and create best work, but hate looking for clients. If only there was someone who could bring in the work…
After overcoming this issue, I found myself at the other end of the problem: I had projects but my time was limited and I had to decline projects due to lack of resources – time and great professionals to work with me.
So I decided it’s time to create an international team of freelancers and digital nomads! Some travelers hide the fact that they are working from different places in the world due to clients’ preconceptions.
The smmile doesn’t hide that. We are proud to work from all over the world and live a happy life. We are more joyful and determined to work hard for our projects and provide professional work. We are more productive when we know that when we finish a task, we can run to the beach, surf or visit a new place.
Moreover, I wanted to create this agency to avoid even more issues:
- when you are a freelancer, you don’t have a team to support you and share resources.
- when you work in a company or in an agency, you may have the team, but don’t have your freedom
- also, in both situations, the know-how and resources are limited.
With the smmile team you have both the advantages of working with a team and have different resources while having the freedom of working from anywhere in the world.
The smmile is a right fit for you if:
- you are a freelancer (digital nomads are welcomed)
- already have experience in a field we provide services (feel free to send your application if you also do SEO, SEM, email marketing, web design and programming or any other service that could be helpful for clients who need additional help after booking the current ones)
- love being in a community but also enjoy your freedom
- the projects can also be for long term if the client is satisfied with your work
- we’ll have a group where we can share resources and ask for advice
- we’ll have a board with the projects, so you can find more about what we are working on. If you are interested in one of them and think you could help, let us know and we’ll see if we can get you involved
- the plan is to have annual meetups or workations in different places and connect with the test of the team
How does it work?
- we have a data base with all of our team members – profiles
- the moment we have a new client, we’ll match the project with the people who are best suited and email them with the details
- once you are interested, we’ll discuss the rest of details and start working
Unfortunately, we cannot promise you any quick projects. It all depends on the clients we have at a certain point and the needs of their businesses.
If you think the smmile is a good fit for you, send us an email with the following details:
- job title
- expertise (e.g. social media management, Facebook ads, web design etc)
- desired fee (the way you usually work – hourly fee, project based, etc) – we know it’s hard to set a rate without knowing the project, but it helps us to know if you are a good fit. For example, if a client has a 300 euros budget and your lowest rate is 1000, we will not bother you with irrelevant emails.
- language of work (the main language of work is English, but if you also provide services in another language, we’ll know to designate you on a relevant project)
- portfolio or samples/links to some of your projects
Once you are selected, we’ll send you an email with more details. Can’t wait to see you on our team!